Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I don't mind if I do...

Apparently, SF has been deemed the most vain city in the country. And judging by the criteria, I can't argue with 'em - let alone be offended.

According to The Daily Beast, San Francisco boasts a population where 50.3% of people aren't overweight. I mean, is that supposed to be good? Apparently. Good enough to make us #1 in the country. We also apparently spend an average of $111 each on personal care AND (how dare we) have slightly over 1 in 5 people in The City who have a gym membership!

Not only that, but a quick Google search will show you a dozen different boot camps you can join in the area. If you take the time to look around, you'll undoubtedly notice people are out and about running. walking, biking, and hiking, too!

It's called healthy, people. Vanity? Sure, call me what you want if it makes you feel better. Thing is, this is obviously just a spin on something that San Franciscans have long known. We love living healthy lives. What that has to do with being vain, not quite sure.

Personally, I'm proud of My City. My Country? I'm a little embarrassed (but not surprised) that a 50/50 overweight ratio is good enough to come in at #1 in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment