Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3/26/2011 - Mark It On Your Calendars

No I'm not getting married, or having a baby...or predicting the apocalypse.

It happened one night back in early November 2010 while I was out enjoying a bunch of free wine (only if it's free) at an art show and received a text from a buddy asking what I was doing on 3/26/2011. Being of the mid-20s range and having friends dropping like flies to marriages and engagements alike - I naturally feared the worst.

Thankfully, he was just asking me to sign on to do something where I could very well perish if I don't keep my game tight - and naturally, with a wine buzz that could only be helped by a street vended grilled cheese sandwich in the Lower Haight, I agreed.

This is the day Scott, some of his Colorado buddies, and I are taking on the AXS (Adventure Xstream Series) Moab 50 miler. Consisting of kayaking, mountain biking, trekking, rappelling, and navigation - not necessarily in that order, nor in equal distances. Check out the video:



Being as we are nearly halfway through the first month of 2011, the training has kicked into a fairly serious stage. So, I guess what I'm really trying to say is...a lot of my posts might be training/workout related. Hint: I may be in the market for a cheap Craigslist kayak to practice in, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of ridiculousness surrounding that thing.

So be braced. I hope to still make some random/stupid/pointless posts here and there, so don't write me off completely until April.

No comments:

Post a Comment