Thursday, January 6, 2011

If You Don't Dance I Feel Sorry For You.



I mean, you hear this song come on, and all of a sudden you can't help but start sliding a foot, bobbing your head, twitchin' your hands...

Look at the lyrics to the first two verses:

I used to go out to parties, and stand around
'Cause I was too nervous, to really get down
But my body yearned to be free
I got up on the floor, somebody could choose me

No more standin' there beside the walls
Finally got myself together, baby, and I'm havin' a ball
Long as you're groovin', there's always a chance
Somebody watchin' might wanna make romance


Marvin knew he was fuckin' up for awhile trying to be the "cool guy" - waiting for everyone to come to him. Check it: It don't work. You're the last one noticed standing on the wall. Get out there and let loose. Lord knows you spend WAY too much time being stiff and uptight as it is.

----------------------------

If you guys really want to get down, check out 'Deep's site. He's the guy who puts on pop-up Flashdances around The City providing music with his audio-outfitted trike. He isn't looking to have one for another couple of months, but if you hop on his mailing list, he'll be sure to hit you up and let you know all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment