Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday's "Best"

Whoa. Maybe March is more than just another excuse to grow a mustache. I'm going strong on the blogs, and by popular demand, I'm bringing you another edition of Friday's "Best".

Our pals over at SFist, always keep us San Franciscans up to speed on the happenings in our great City, and with the 100th anniversary of the Bay to Breakers fast approaching, it looks like they've caught wind that registration is already over 80% full.

Since I know all of you plan on purchasing your bibs so you'll be allowed in the 2011, non-ING sponsored "dry" race, I thought this was fairly important for you to know. I know I've harped on this before, but do the race organizers really think they are going to stop a 100,000+ person annual event from going on the way it has for decades? I guess we'll have to wait and see. At least this year the drunken stumble home from the Panhandle will only be a few blocks And, just far enough to keep the pissers away.

---------

In other news, it looks like Nickelodeon game show "Legends of the Hidden Temple" has made a recent resurgence. So big in fact, that they have been allowed to bring objects from their set to show off at the DeYoung Museum. That's right. Olmec. The giant talking statue that spouted off wisdom and had glowing red eyes. One thing I guarantee won't be there is the Shrine of the Silver Monkey- since no one could ever figure out how that thing was put together on their own.
Anyway, I was able to come across an ad outside the museum itself while I was on a training ride yesterday, and all my suspicions were confirmed:

Yup. Production was outsourced to MEXICO! It makes total sense. Think about it...The original show had 6 teams: The Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, Green Monkeys, Orange Iguanas, Purple Parrots and Silver Snakes. Have you ever seen any of these in the United States? Hell nah. This is some shit you could obviously only find in Mexico.

Speaking of the Silver Snakes...this team was ALWAYS heavily favored to win. I don't know why, but the producers always loaded this team with the biggest/strongest/smartest/whatnot, that was needed to succeed in the shows numerous levels. I can't remember an episode where the Purple Parrots even got to the second level. They were like the token girl contestant on GUTS getting whooped in every damn event.

If anybody else is into it, I say we gather a crew and get paired up with some shirts, some gold helmets and elbow pads, and go apeshit inside the DeYoung. Just a thought. Let me know if you're down. That also isn't such a bad B2B costume idea either...

---------

Finally, MissionMission brings us a ridiculous video of some nut on a mountain bike riding through some Spanish speaking village. Check it out for yourself. Nothing I can say will prepare you for this. Pretty sweet helmet cam though. This is pretty much the equivalent of Devil's Backbone in Airborne (NOTE: Not sure who made this video, but it does an awesome job of getting the ridiculousness of the movie across in .


1 comment:

  1. I'm in. http://www.templeshirts.com/ Dibs on green monkey.

    ReplyDelete