Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality



After a nice little hiatus (I hope you all didn't quit on me) I'm finally back to my routine. After Vegas this past weekend, and the ensuing ~12 hour drive home, I was more than a little exhausted Sunday and yesterday, so forgive me for not catching up with all of you a little sooner.

In an effort to "save" some money (read: flight money = gambling money), we decided to make the drive - and in all reality, it wasn't that bad. There was a lot of drinking, gambling, light hearted and witty banter, unnecessary (read: hilarious) arguments, and all around shenanigans that make Vegas exactly what you hear about.

To sum it up succinctly, Vegas was...well, Vegas. And the Old Town Vegas vibe made it that much more ridiculously enjoyable. From the smoke withered dealers to the old man gambling fiends, there is just so much to take in - especially second hand smoke that will burn your eyes and throat, leaving you blind and hoarse the next morning/week.

(Note: When I googled Old Town Vegas, I found this image. It's actually pretty hilarious because the guy in the picture actually looks A LOT like the bachelor from this weekend - minus the glasses.)

I think we may have set the record for McDonald's meals purchased by one group of guys during one weekend in Old Town Vegas. Something that, while an accomplishment of physical and mental toughness, is not something to necessarily be proud of.

I wish I could tell you some more stories, but you really would have had to have been there in order to understand them and actually enjoy them. To sum it up, I had a great weekend with one of my best college buddies, and met some other really solid guys. I was even able to finagle my way into a late night plane flight to get to the wedding this weekend. Oh yeah, and swimming with sharks was cool, too (read: scary as all hell).

2 comments:

  1. Surprisingly, Boron has one of the more robust wikipedia pages I have ever seen for a "Census Designated Place" (not even a town). No road trip that goes through that CDP could suck!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boron,_California

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I wish we would have been quicker on the camera tip when traveling through that place. The wheelchair-woman in the cowboy boots was priceless. Plus, it is imperative that we go back and watch the "CIF Champion Football Team". I like to imagine it's led by James Van der Beek and the rest of the 'Varsity Blues' squad.

    ReplyDelete