Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And you thought YOU had some characters at YOUR gym.



Boom.

Now, I've been a member of 24 Hour 'Shitness' for a good 12-13 years, back when it was still "Nautilus". And I thought I had seen it all. People smoking cigarettes outside and then walking in and getting their "workout on" - which more often than not, consisted of bullshitting with three or four other degenerates for 2 hours while you are trying to use the equipment they are sitting on. The 'plump' girl in the full Ed Hardy 'fit that spends 20 minutes "doing" crunches (read: laying on her back talking/texting on her phone. The girl drinking a Coke while "running" (read: slothing along) on the treadmill. But this...THIS takes the cake.

The top hat alone is enough to write a damn thesis on, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of his epic facial hair and full on musket shooting 'stache. I at first I was wondering if Bill and Ted had swooped this dude up in a phone booth and he was just trying out equipment he had never seen before. But then I noticed something a little 'off', even for the rest of his outfit.

See, what you don't see in the above picture, but I was lucky enough to catch in the next one, are the full on Shredder from the Ninja Turtles "wrist bands" he was wearing.


It's still a little blurry, but they are exactly as you remember from those Saturday morning cartoons.



Yup. Captain Top Hat's though, were leather with those awesome studs protruding. No doubt to keep people from interrupting his "intense" 10 minute workout.

This is all before we boil it down to those socks!!! I mean, he better be careful he doesn't go near any tornadoes, or he might find himself in a rather unfortunate situation.


I guess there truly is no place like home. I'm just lucky enough to call San Francisco my home, with all of it's 'unique' individuals out there to entertain me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment