Monday, July 12, 2010

That's why I don't do that.

So, yeah...

Following up on my last post, I've realized why I don't drink to excess like that anymore. Or at least, very often.

2009 was a pretty big year for me going out strong, partying hard, and partying often. As a (now) late twenty-something I began making some pretty good money and was definitely taking advantage of it. For the better part of 7 or 8 months I was going out every weekend - days and nights and drinking from about noon-to-blackout. I was also realizing that with cabs, drinks, covers, late night food, I was spending anywhere from $500-$600 a month that revolved around drinking/going out.

Thankfully 2010 has been a much more relaxed, and much more wallet-boosting year. Except for Saturday. Luckily, the damage was only about $60, but paired with dinner and drinks the night before in the East Bay, came out to another $125 weekend ($125 that could have gone to this renters' insurance bill I have sitting on my desk). It also sucked watching the World Cup Final with a massive headache and a woozy stomach. Not even a little 'hair of the dog' was able to knock out yesterday's hangover. I ended up missing an amazing day outside, and instead spent it in and out of sleep on the couch. Hooray.

Thankfully, the only real damage that was caused was to my pride, my head, and some of the not so nice things I may have said to friends in my stupor. Sorry. (My missing flip-flop was located; no, not the one from the river. That one is ghost. I'm still not used to keeping track of things not securely fastened to my body.) Oh yeah, and I think 500 Club may have revoked my visitation privileges. At least for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment