Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jennifer's Body.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love me some Megan Fox as much as the next hetero-male. I mean, visually...there is really nothing to dislike.

Told you.

But let me tell you this much. Trying to spread her wings beyond being Brian Austin Green's fiance/wife/whatever and "that girl from Transformers" is going to prove awfully difficult for her. Earlier this evening while waiting for the Giants game to come on, I suffered through a good 45 minutes of Jennifer's Body. Yeah, that's actually the name of the movie she's in. And guess what...SURPRISE, she's Jennifer.


Needless to say, this movie has received a 5.3/10 from users on IMDB. These are people that undoubtedly watched this movie for the sole reason that Megan Fox was the (stellar looking) main character. That's a 53%. Failing grade anyway you slice it. Supposedly the genre of the movie falls in the comedy/fantasy/horror category. Horrific is right, but not in the sense the writers/production team were looking for.

I can't say that this movie doesn't have its place though. I bet this flick would go really well as a muted background video at a couple of "edgy" bars in the City - or maybe just the Lexington Club. I'm sure they could appreciate it for every ounce of entertainment I was able to take away from it. That, or I could have just watched TMZ and got essentially the same enjoyment without all the lame blood and guts stuff and horrible dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment